Monday, March 21, 2011

It a beautiful day!

Wow! What a beautiful Monday morning we have here in the Codroy Valley! The sun is shining and the sky is so blue! Gorgeous! What a great morning for the Hippity Hop Blog Hop!! So, if this is the first blog you are visiting you may want to scoot on over to the Ippity Blog to get a list of other blogs to visit as well as the new challenge for the Ippity Hippity Hop Twist Challenge. If you enter a project into any if the challenges (there are 4!) then you get your name entered to win a fabulous prize! The more projects you enter, the more ballots you receive.

So, on to my card! Today I am going to show you a card that I made for my FIL for his birthday, which is early next month.


He has farm land and love tractors so I though I would break out my "Farm Fresh" set to make the tractor and the stalks. Can you believe this is the first time this set has seen ink? Believe me, it will see a lot more ink now. This set is awesome! I paper pieced the tires onto the tractor and I colored the stalks, sky and ground with watercolor pencils. The happy birthday sign is from the "How YOU Doin'" set which I seem to use for so many projects. That's because it is so great! You can find any of the Ippity sets on my Ippity Sales Blog.

I also added a little bling to the happy birthday sign and an entering it into the All Things Unity challenge. Have you visited that blog yet? If not, you really should. They have some awesome challenges to get your creativity juices flowing!

That's it for me today. Make sure you continue on the hop to see what everyone else has done.

Thanks for visiting!

Love, Patricia

15 comments:

Pam said...

Great use of this set! Love the tractor!
Pam

Unknown said...

so adorable.

Emily Keaton said...

Awww . . . this is SO cute!! What a great corn field and super tractor to go farming in. Love how this turned out!

Lone Pine Designs said...

The tractor is perfect for a masculine card! Love it!

Susan B. said...

I love how you stamped the tractor! You gave it such a unique look! Great masculine card!

Angie Blom said...

love this card. amazing use of the stamps!!

Chris said...

this is fantastic!! i have got to get this set!!

Rona said...

this is fabulous!! great card!!

Janeen said...

great card Patricia. I would use that tractor a lot around here, i think we are in Dairy Land.

our CA temps were high sixties, low seventies and with the wind, it was just a bit chilly feeling, thx for asking.

Scrapcollectr said...

Cute scene, Patricia!
*smile*

Lisa H. said...

what a great use of this set. it's perfect and fun!

StampinCathy said...

What a fun manly man card. I just love how you added a bit of bling to it. Thanks for playing along with us at ATU!

Emily Leiphart said...

Patricia, this is a fantastic masculine card! I love it.

Noelle Reese said...

This is FANTASTIC! This is not my favoite set and you may have just opened my mind a little! THANKS!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a fab card for your FIL! LOVE that red tractor--reminds me of growing up on the farm!! Great addition of bling too:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at ATU!! !