Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Growing in Unity: DAY 2

Welcome back for day two of my Growing in Unity turn! Today I have an anniversary card to share with you. My parent's will be married for 32 years on the 19th of September! So I made them this card:


Like most of my ideas...I totally stole this one from Pinterest! Go here if you want to see the original link. 

For this card I started with a piece of stationary that I have had for more than 10 years!! I bought it to use on my very first scrapbook page...which was the baby shower for my first born...and he will be 11 in January! YIKES! Anyway, I though the clouds went well with the theme. Then I drew the tree branch free hand using my good 'ole Crayola coloring pencils. For the owls I used the Ippity set "Wise Guy" and then gave them some cute googly eyes...and gave the girl owl some cute eyelashes and a cute hair sequin. I also added a little glossy accents to their wings and beaks. The banner came form the "You did it" set and I wrote happy anniversary in myself. I also used some twine that I got from the last  Growing In Unity girl, Noelle!

Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered into a draw for an itty bitty of your choosing and come back tomorrow to see a scrapbook page of a VERY handsome man! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Love, Patricia

15 comments:

Rebekah said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet! Thinking of you and hoping the storm hasn't hit you too badly...

stampingbowd said...

Patricia! This is adorable!! Oh my girl, I never would have guessed you wrote in your sentiment!!! I like it tied that way too....I am going to "borrow" that idea from you!!!

Amber Sheaves said...

This is cute! I love the branch you drew!

Maria said...

Hey pinterest rocks it fine! LOVE IT! The google eyes are awesome! Nice job!!

Denise Bryant said...

Cute card! I love the colors, the fun owls and your pretty sky background!
DeniseB

SHartl said...

This card just made me giggle!! Your parents are going to love it!

Julie Odil said...

I love owl, so I think this card is a definite winner!

Noelle Reese said...

LOL That is so cute! I can't believe you drew that branch and gave her a hair bling! Super cute and thank you so much for linking up my twine! You are the best! I forgot to even mention it during my growing in Unity week! LOL

Miriam Prantner said...

This is great! I pretty much love anything with googley eyes, and the glossy accents are perfect!

Linda SS said...

Cute card. Like the idea of the hearts swirling.

Crystal said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!

sharon g said...

I REALLY need those owls. I have adored them since the first time I saw them--now I love them even more!

jengd said...

Cute! Those googly eyes and the added eyelashes give the owls such a fun look!

Karenladd said...

Your card is adorable! Love the addition of the google eyes!

mollymoo951 said...

Love this...all those small touches...just come together & create an awesome card...the cloud paper, those googlie eyes and eyelashes!!!, the twine on the tag. You dun good!