Tuesday, June 25, 2013

$2 Chair Redo

I have a secret...well, it's not really secret...especially to people who know me really well. I like yard sales. Actually, I LOVE yard sales.  Well, OK!  I am OBSESSED with yard sales! :) I need serious help.  When I bring things home, my man just shakes his head.

With this latest project, I even impressed the man!

At a recent church rummage sale, I got a rocking chair for $2.


Excuse the messy basement!

I started with a coat of Krylon primer first. Next, I knew I wanted to paint the chair a bright color and decided to go with Krylon glossy spray paint in Cherry red. I also sprayed a a few coats of Krylon clear coat on after the red was dry. The material for the seat came from Walmart and, using the existing seat on the chair originally, the man and I added a nice piece of foam and covered it.

I think it turned out pretty well!


Materials:

Chair: $2 at a rummage sale
Krylon Grey Primer:  Borrowed from the man...FREE!
Krylon Cherry Red spray paint:  $5
Krylon Clear Coat: Borrowed from the man...FREE!
Fabric from Walmart: $7

Grand Total:  $14

Thanks for stopping by!

Love, Patricia

2 comments:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I am in love with this rocking chair! Great job on the restoration!!! Kristine :)